Outdoor recreation is for people of all physical abilities, but it helps to have some good resources at hand. The Universal Access office of the Mass. Dept. of Conservation & Recreation is a great place to start, featuring a richly populated event calendar and excellent phone support at 413-545-5353.
Other New England organizations sponsoring or facilitating handicap-accessible events:
- All-Out Adventures (Northampton, MA) Accessible paddling, biking, hiking, camping, skiing, skating for people of all abilities. 413-584-2052
- Northeast Passage (Durham, NH): Innovative programs for barrier-free, healthy recreation. 603-862-0070
- Community Boating (Boston, Charles River): Accessible sailing programs. 617-523-1038
- Community Rowing (Boston, Charles River): One of the largest rowing clubs in the country; daily adaptive rowing sessions; free rowing for veterans. 617-964-2455
- Hopkinton Outdoor Recreation offers an adaptive paddling program in the summer. 603-325-2088
- Barrier-free Fishing (statewide): 617-626-1250.
More Pierce Press News
The next episode of Face The Book TV focuses on leveraging assets that you may already have – your expertise, your friends & colleagues, your social media. With mindful cultivation, a well built-out author platform can set you up for booming book sales by the time your publication date rolls around. You can start building your platform any time, but doing it before you even start writing is highly recommended.
How can we anticipate and change the course of climate change, terrorism, water scarcity, and aging populations? Causal Layered Analysis is a tool we may be able to use to shape the future more effectively.
To see a falcon materialize from the sky with a colossal burst of power in pursuit of prey and to realize the falconer’s role, is to enter a new understanding of the natural world, one that takes you to the “edges of existence.”
Overwhelmed by the process and all the choices? In this episode, we set forth an achievable checklist for the first time indie publisher. Successful publisher Scott Channell reveals best practices.