Ready, Row! USA #83
Inclusion in the Boathouse: Rowing for All?
How do we mobilize as a rowing community to make our sport more accessible to a wider range of communities, financial resources, and physical abilities? We found some folks with good, practical suggestions and best practices.
- Coach Richard Butler, former ED at 3 Rivers Rowing, former USRowing DEI chief and a member of USR’s freshly minted DEI Committee.
- Tara Morgan & Rachel Freedman of the Steady State Network, and organizers of the upcoming “Inclusive Coaching Toolkit Summit,” a global Zoom event on Oct. 3. Morgan is also founder of Seize the Oar Foundation, which advocates for access and inclusion in rowing.
- Michelle Sosa, Hydrow Athlete & HOCR Gold Cup Fund ambassador.
- Charlotte Pierce, producer/host – Pierce Press
- See Ready, Row! USA archives 2018-2020 on Rowing Chat and Rowing Chat Sponsors
All video, audio, and text content under Ready, Row! USA or ReadyRowUSA is the property of Pierce Press (PiercePress.com). All rights reserved. This episode was also distributed by Rowing.Chat in 2020 with the permission of Pierce Press. Please contact the publisher for permissions & underwriting opportunities.
Pierce Press helps authors make their way through the publishing journey.
We collaborate with our authors to publish books for children and adults in topics relating to sustainability, peer learning, creativity, diversity, and stewardship of the Earth.
Make better books & sell more of them! Join IPNE today!
Get the IPNE edge for your publishing business! IPNE provides networking, resources, education, and cooperative marketing opportunities for New England’s independent publishing community.
Meet technology policy scholars Paola Ricaurte and Yasmine Boudiaf. We’ll learn more about the ethics of data and consider how their work can inform the Peeragogy Project
Independent publishing is not for the faint of heart – although access to technology has demolished the stranglehold of the traditional publishing “gatekeepers,” you will have to acquire the skills, invest the time, or hire the talent (or all three) required to professionally publish and effectively distribute your book. Panelists: Eddie Vincent, Shawn Anderson, Charlotte Pierce
What USRowing Convention it has been! We heard from and interacted with legendary rowing coaches, rowing science geeks, sports diversity & inclusion activists – and our brand-new CEO!
As part of our event sponsorship for the #USRowCon2020, Ready, Row! USA connects with Samantha Wonderlin and Sarah McAulifffe, two of the event’s intrepid organizers, to discuss the first-ever USRowing Virtual Convention, Dec. 8-13, 2020.
Peeragogy In Action podcast, Episode #4
Peeragogy is all about forming a collaborative community with diverse skills interested in learning how to do something, and doing it! The Peeragogy Handbook, started in 2012, is one such project